Custom Search

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Before the Holidays

I wanted to give ya'll a snippet of what has been going on in the world of baby Eliada & Yvette.

First of all Eliada got baptized! She was baptized on November 22nd, 2009 at St. Joseph's Catholic Church and her God parents were Mr. & Mrs. Abel Molina (hubby's cousins). She did an awesome job, unlike all the other kids. Oh and she was the only baby to keep her hat on the entire time, so adorable. Her God parents are from Houston, that's about 8 hours from here, so glad to see they drove all the way down here and it was nice to see them again. We got some lovely pictures!

Another exciting thing is that she's starting to want to crawl now... she moves her but up and down and back n forth like she's saying, READY, SET, GO! But she never goes! lol It's so cute. But she can move from one side of the bed to the other.... by rolling or turning and sitting and rolling. She also LOVES her jumper. it's not one of those door jumpers, those seem too unsafe for me, it's one of those stationary jumpers, it's called the JumpeRoo, like this one:
http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/_borders/BRS%20jumperoo%20B0000A9XYV.jpg
It's cute. We counted one time how many jumps she can do in a row, without stopping... 138! Crazy, no? But then she has those days where we're about to put her down inside the jumper and she just looks at us like, "What are you doing? Don't put me down!" Speaking of down, we also have tummy time for her and every time we do, she beats the dog. Our dog Dezi, she's a beagle, now seems to run away from the baby. When Dezi comes up to the baby when she's on the floor, the baby will just get so excited and start waving her hands up and down and hit the dog several times, fast & hard, in a row! But the dog is good with the baby, but don't trust her completely, especially daddy. Daddy gets mad at the dog for any little thing, which I guess is okay cause that way she knows it's bad.

Also, latley she's been pulling herself up pretty easy. She actually pulled herself up one time while I was folding clothes and she was in the crib. I turned around to put some clothes away and she had pulled herself up and was hitting the wall! So cute. I'd put a picture but the upload picture button is going bazerk. I think I got to do a virus scan. But anywho... yeah, she's becoming much more active.

I also noticed, which I already know somewhat, that she is way bigger than Yvette was. I was getting some 12 mo winter clothes out of the attic the other day and saw Yvette's 1st birthday and 2nd birthday outfits... they are 6-12 months smaller. For example her 1st birthdays outfit (dress) was size 6months! Eliada's 8 months and has already out grown some 12 month onesies! Crazy how each baby is different. They do have one thing in common though... big heads! Just like daddy! I just hope our boys aren't too big.

On to yvette, i'll keep it short. She's doing awesome with her reading, but on her progress report. Her lowest grade was in reading. So we got to go talk to the teacher to see what is up with that. She also still loves to color and draw. She draws every detail when she has to draw for homework. I see the drawings that are up on the wall in her classroom and they are all just 1-3 picture kids. Yvette has to draw the bed, the blankets the bed posts the toys and even a doll in her bed! I'll take a picture one day to show ya'll!
But... she's getting a bit mouthy. We need to step up the "yes, mommy" and "thank-you's" again. We want her to grow up with manners and respect elders and hold their door open.

But yup, that's what's going on.... this weekend is filled with shopping and parade watching! Should be fun & hope to take some great photos!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments: