Custom Search

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

UPDATE... after the fact






I haven't posted since NOVEMBER?!
That's crazy. Here are updated pics of my belly. The rest of the pregnancy was somewhat normal. At around 32 weeks I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I was so nervous to go to the Diabetes center, only because it was at the hospital. I had no idea how it was going to be. I thought I would be hooked up to a monitor to keep track of my sugar or something. But it was totally cool. The appointment was at 8AM!! So obviously I had to drive myself with my big belly. She nutritionist was totally awesome. They gave me this big chart with the foods and portions I could eat. I already gained like 25 lbs, which the doctor was not happy about... meany!! But after beign diagnosed and finally realizing that I do have to watch what I eat now, I only gained about 5 more lbs. which my doctor was happy about. I got addicted to checking my sugar. When I went to the follow up visit to the diabetes center they asked why did I check my sugar 2-3 times within a 2-3 hour period.... whoops!

By the time I was 34 weeks the doctor said we would have a secheduled c-section, which me and Santos were fine with because we had a scare with the birth of Yvette. The due date would be the week of the 23rd. As we got closer and the baby got bigger he changed the date to March 19th! I had no reaction at first.... but as we were driving home, I was shaking like crazy. I was sooooo nervous. At that point it was only a week and a half away.
TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments: